Fueling Business Ideas at Jumpstart Academy
In the spirit of advancing entrepreneurship block by block, we’re thrilled to share a peek at the 2024 Jumpstart Academy program. As a pivotal component of Genesis Block Foundation’s commitment to fostering inclusive and sustainable economic development, the Jumpstart Academy is an 8-week intensive course designed to validate business ideas and propel early-stage entrepreneurs toward success.
What is Jumpstart Academy?
Jumpstart Academy is more than just a program; it’s a dynamic incubator for budding entrepreneurs. Over eight weeks, founders embark on an immersive experience that provides comprehensive skills training, free webinars, and virtual seminars, imparts lean business development principles and offers invaluable mentoring developed through monthly consultations. At its core, Jumpstart Academy is the launchpad for idea validation, equipping entrepreneurs with the tools they need to turn their visions into thriving ventures.
We help Jumpstart Academy members:
- Develop and apply business strategies
- Monitor progress and build accountability for plan implementation
- Align business strategies with comprehensive information
- Measure progress and provide feedback on strategy
- Access resources to strengthen business venture
- Access a community that can help grow and sustain your business
- Validate your business idea
Who the Academy Serves
Our commitment to inclusivity is reflected in Jumpstart Academy’s tailored approach. This curriculum (licensed from Genesis Block Labs and created in partnership with Granitt Training) is specifically crafted to support community entrepreneurs, minority-owned firms, and local businesses. We believe in the power of diverse perspectives and understand that every business idea, regardless of its origin, has the potential to drive economic growth and community prosperity.
Business Idea Validation at Demo Day
At the end of the program is Demo Day, a highly-anticipated event where graduates of the Jumpstart Academy will take the stage to showcase their validated business ideas. Each entrepreneur will have four minutes to present their validated business idea before the community.
Meet the 2023 Jumpstart Academy Graduates
- Londyn’s Dream – Owner: Ashley Lynch
- Sip and Shop Boutique – Owner: Marchelle Carmichael
- Re-Raveled Apparel – Owner: Kendall Passmore
- No Pork on My Fork – Owners: Sissy Griffin and Dennis Gardner
- Gracefully Chic Photography – Owner: Quasheera Gamble
- Be Sweet Bakery – Owner: Tria Brown
- The Collectionist – Owner: Tim Brown
Enroll in Jumpstart Academy
If you are interested or know of anyone who may be interested, click the link below to apply for the 2024 Jumpstart Academy program and/or share it with others. Follow our social media pages or tune into your inbox to stay up to date on the latest.